Thursday, September 15, 2016

Questions Answered

First off, thanks to all who contributed to my previous ramblings on copyrights, trademarks, and IPs.  You provided some great information, and I really do appreciate it!  The smart thing is for me to form an LLC, so I can protect myself and stay sane at the same time.  That's always a bonus in my book.  Feel free to add to the discussion, or share any of your personal experiences.
In the meantime...

Update #2


  • Testing of the stripped down mechanic this weekend.  I'm eager to see how it holds up, and how testers react to the system.
  • Further development of Ads and Disads.  Removed the redundant, boring entries.
  • Started race creation mechanic.  Includes racial ads/disads, building your own race from the ground up, and existing races.
  • Added more combat actions, table for success levels, and added in some optional rules.  
  • A note on optional rules - some of these may end up being incorporated into the core mechanic.  Need to do some more testing to see.
  • Need to determine starting character points, and beginning max.  Also need to determine different character point builds for different starting levels of play (Beginner, Veteran, Advanced).
I've started on some background setting stuff, but nothing worth mentioning (yet!).  It's a different experience for me, since I usually start on fluff and fiction first.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't have an idea of what I was going for, but I haven't been focusing on that yet.  Once I have a better grip on the business side of things, I'll share more setting and mechanics information with you. 
Until then, l8r 0n...

No comments:

Post a Comment