Wednesday, October 5, 2016

No Expectations

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm in an odd state of inspiration and creativity right now.  The process of brainstorming transitioning to concept is almost seamless, and as a result I'm furiously capturing as much information as possible.  I know not to look a gift horse in the mouth, and realize that this good fortune will not last forever.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying the glow of creativity and seeing where it leads me.

Update #4

  • Character Creation - Starting to define this better, and thinking about where to implement starting character maximums.  One issue was pointed out where a character could have very little skills and still be very effective.  As a result, I've added a modifier for untrained skill usage, with the caveat that the GM has the option to disallow skill usage untrained.  
  • Rough outline of the Contents section, still playing around with the placement of certain chapters.
  • Created a few simple tables, which in turn led to a more streamlined rule for damage.
  • Opposed vs. Non-opposed rolls - Created mechanic that handles non-combat rolls for opposed and non-opposed tasks.  Very simple to incorporate for on-the-fly tasks and impromptu tests.  Can't wait to try this one out!
  • Powers - Just starting to crack this nut.  I was considering a more free flow system, but I don't think it would fit in well with the existing core mechanic.  At the same time, I want to avoid being too simulationist (?), and avoid too much system crunch.
  • Playtesting continues this coming weekend.  Converted existing characters from another system, introducing players to the system, and will gather feedback at the end of the session.  
I'm really looking forward to playtesting, especially if it's as productive as the last round.  It's a different group, and the mechanics are more defined, so the results will be interesting.  I'll try and post an update this weekend on how it went, if I have the time.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment