Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Mixed Emotions

Another playtest in the books!

Although not as revealing as the previous playtest, it did point me towards an interesting option.  I've been busy with developing mechanics, and haven't really broached the subject of setting yet.  I do have some ideas, but I haven't spent any time exploring or fleshing them out.  "Mechanics First" has been my mantra, and one that I intend on sticking to.

This has led me down the path of Generic Systems, a la GURPS, Savage Worlds, and so on.  The mechanic lends itself to flexibility, as well as customization, which fits that niche very well.  It also opens up the possibility of multiple settings, and maybe getting different authors producing material.  Of course, it would help greatly if I published the rules first.  ;)

In the meantime, I will continue to develop, playtest, and post my thoughts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment