Without too many boring details, work has been very hectic lately, and I haven't had the time to update this blog. Not that there's a thousand voices clamoring for updates, but I'd still like to remain as consistent as possible. This has the benefit of keep me as open and transparent as possible, as well as keeping me focused on the task at hand. You get updates on what I've been doing, and I keep my nose to the grindstone.
So, what's been going on? Not a whole lot, to tell the truth. :(
I have a lot of potential updates, but these hinge on further playtesting. No matter how good it looks on paper, it doesn't mean squat until you put it in action. I'm not at the point where I can put together a playtest package for anyone interested; if I had to estimate, I'd say that I'm out of pre-Alpha and well into Alpha now. I'm taking my time, ensuring that I end up with a quality system that everyone will enjoy (I hope!).
On a different, but related note, I've started jotting down some notes on a couple of setting ideas. I've thought about basic fantasy, space opera, and wuxia as potential settings, but haven't settled on any one just yet. There's always the possibility that I go with something completely different. I haven't been focusing my efforts on the fluff just yet, but when I do, I'll let you know. ;)
I have some playtesting scheduled for this weekend, and I hope to make some headway in fine-tuning some of the mechanics. I will be focusing on character creation and a new resource mechanic this go around, as well as testing improvements made on other elements of in-game mechanics. Once I collect enough data, I should be able to implement more updates to the system, as well as adding new additions to be tested later on. I can't say when I'll be ready for a more formalized playtesting packet, but I am getting closer.