Monday, July 3, 2017

Oh No, Not You Again

Ok, boys and girls, it's Poll Time!

For those of you not in the know, my game system began as a generic RPG; no setting, just the mechanics.  This was a departure from the norm for me, as I'm usually the one pushing story and fluff over the crunchy bits.  The more I developed, the more I realized that I had unconsciously pushed setting to the side.  I started taking notes on potential settings that I would like to develop, and continued on.

Fast-forward to today, and after several play tests and tweaking, the system looks pretty solid.  Not every aspect has been polished, but that will come with more play tests.  The Powers section needs a lot of work, and Vehicles needs to be put through the grinder, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

Now I come to you, dear readers.

I have several settings that are in the works, but it's time for me to make a decision.  I would like to package a setting with the release of the system, but I can't pick which one.  I'm on the carousel of non-development, trying to choose which one to focus on.  I do plan on releasing each one (eventually), but I need to pick one to focus my efforts on.  It's not a matter of which has more material, or which one I like better; how does one pick their favorite child, after all?

This is your chance to actually make a difference in the development of this game.  You get the chance to vote on what tickles your fancy.  Below are the choices, so make your voice heard in the comments!  The more eyes on this, the better, so spread the word as much as you can.  I'll leave this up for the remainder of the month, and then tally up the results.

I eagerly await your responses.  :)


Grey - Hard-boiled crime, neo-noire. Gangs, crime syndicates, dirty cops, and crooked politicians run this town, but there are some decent folks, too. Street knights, downtrodden P.I.'s, and hell, even the occasional street thug try to do the right thing. In this town, nothing is black and white.
Nomad Star - Post-solar system catastrophe, science fantasy. The rogue planet Tiamat collided with the second planet of the Nomad system, shifting the orbits of the remaining two. 1,000 years later, Tiamat has begun to reform, sending an invading force of monsters to both worlds. Both worlds must be saved, not only from the impending environmental change, but the invading force of terrifying creatures. Swords, sorcery, and technology are your weapons.
Purgatory - Judgement Day came and went, and no one cares. The Heavenly Host and the Infernal Horde used the earth as their battlefield, leaving ruin in their wake. In the wake of the Apocalypse, humanity struggles on. The population has been drastically reduced to almost nothing, and the survivors have renamed the planet to Purgatory. The living (and un-living) find shelter in massive cities, with towering walls to prevent gibbering horrors from overrunning the citizens. These people have a Karmic debt to pay off, if they wish to travel beyond this wasted realm of pain and anguish. Death isn’t always a guarantee, and sometimes, not even undeath.
JadeLamp - Victorian Age of Gothic horror, set in China. New technology is slowly being introduced, but there are still things that go bump in the night. Sometimes, the old ways of dealing with such threats are best. Wuxia, ancient magic, and a little technological ingenuity can push back the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment