Monday, December 5, 2016

No Use in Crying

I had my laptop stolen this past weekend.  The same laptop that has all of my notes and development for the RPG I'm currently developing.  Yeah, that laptop.
I'm just thankful that I did a backup a couple of days before, so it wasn't a total loss.  Still, it's a bit of a blow, and I've been a bit "out of sorts" lately.

I'm also at the point in playtesting where I need to do so more consistently.  Unfortunately for me, I have to wait until the new year before I can get a group together; it's a busy time of year for everyone, and just not feasible.

It's still way too early to begin actual writing, because the rules are still in flux.  The mechanic is solid, but the rules are still being tweaked.  As a result, I'm in a weird holding state, where I'm waiting for interaction.

Before you ask, no, I'm not ready for open playtesting.  Believe me, I badly want to get this out to everyone that's interested, but it's just not there yet.  I guarantee that I will let you know as soon as it's ready to go.

So in the meantime, I think I will use my time wisely and begin setting development.  Even though the system will be universal, I want to create the first setting for the system as well.  Who knows, if things go very well, maybe it's the first of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment